Island Sailing is an ASA Certifying Facility with over 30 years’ experience in sailing instruction. ASA is the leading authority on sailing instruction & sailing schools in the United States. ASA Certifications are recognized world-wide.
||Island Sailing's Junior Sailing Camp offers young sailors a solid foundation in the basics of sailing. While learning in a fun and safe environment, students participate in teambuilding activities, destination sails, picnics, and fun creative projects.
As students gain confidence they learn to appreciate the nature of sailing - excitement and adventure as the reward for teamwork, and a sense of accomplishment.
During our Junior Program, students get to explore the fun, science, and art of sailing! They learn team-building skills as they work together as skipper and crew. They gain insight into responsibility and understand the value of communicating well together. They enjoy being outdoors in the fascinating marine setting.
Our courses are taught on stable sloop-rigged keelboats ranging from 20-22 feet. Our instructors are highly qualified professionals working closely with the American Sailing Association's program. Our focus is on safety, learning, and fun! Instructors are aboard the boats with the students at all times guiding them.
As the students gain confidence they learn to appreciate the nature of sailing - excitement and adventure as the reward for teamwork, and a sense of accomplishment in understanding and harnessing the elements.
The Fun of Sailing Continues...
Schedule For Portland, OR:
3 Day Camps ($250.00):
July 16 - 18 (10a - 4p)
August 15 - 17 (10a - 4p)
Schedule For Olympia, WA:
3 Day Camps ($250.00):
Please contact Cathy in Olympia to set up a Junior Camp Week / Day for your children
(360) 601–0638 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member discounts: Island Sailing Club members receive great discounts on courses. The standard discount is 10%, with member only specials up to 30% presented throughout the year.
- Refunds: 50% of the course fee (per student) is a non-refundable registration deposit required to hold a spot in a class. Classes will be scheduled upon receipt of the deposit.
- Guarantee: if you're not satisfied with your course, or feel additional instruction is needed, then you can retake the course at no additional fee.
- Payment: Payment in full is required at the start of the class.
- Rescheduling/Cancellation policy: A week's notice (7 days prior to class start) is required to cancel a class and apply the deposit, coupon or gift certificate to rescheduling to a future class date. A cancellation within one week forfeits the deposit, coupon or gift certificate.